To co-ordinate and supervise the management of the national forest estate, wild life, watershed and other resources and to ensure sustainability of the forest resources, ensuring the sustainability of livelihoods.
Strategic Priorities 2017
- Protection of the national forest for sustaining ecosystem services.
- Improved forest management plans for improved upper watershed management to secure water supplies and protect natural resources.
- Development of an agro-forestry programme to support diversification and food security.
- Improved monitoring of population numbers for endemic species and their habitats.
- Implement an improved and dynamic Enhance public awareness programmes to foster better understanding of the value and role of the forestry sector in sustainable development.